At The Lighthouse we are taking all precautions to keep our clients & staff members safe and to reduce the risk of transmission of Covid-19 in our community. We understand that this is a difficult time for everyone and are therefore committed to ensuring that wherever possible, the impact of the current situation does not affect our treatment outcomes.
We continually monitor and update our policies and risk assessments in line with Government guidelines and to keep the clinic safe we have introduced the following measures:
- We are requesting that all new admissions provide a negative test prior to admission, which we will
arrange via a private & confidential PCR test.
- We have updated our pre-admission assessment to ascertain each client’s vulnerability and risk of
exposure to the virus. Checking for symptoms, and possible exposure.
- We have increased our daily housekeeping schedule to help prevent and control infection.
- We are monitoring temperatures of all staff and clients daily, as well as checking for symptoms of Covid-19.
- All staff members are tested regularly to manage the risks of staff transmission.
A message from our Treatment Director
The current situation is incredibly concerning for everyone. At the start of the pandemic, we made a commitment as a team to continue to provide effective treatment to our clients and to support and reassure their families & loved ones. Entering a residential clinic can be a daunting time for most people without the additional worry of the pandemic. We understand the stress and we are therefore working hard to ensure that everyone’s treatment episode remains as routine as possible, without compromising the safety of the clinic.
We can see that the use of substances has increased throughout the pandemic as individuals try to find a way to cope with the stresses of the current situation. Therefore, we are committed to ensuring that our service remains open.
We are confident that with the procedures we have implemented we can safely operate and continue to provide an outstanding